Thursday, October 20, 2016

Welcome Isaiah Daniel Yost!

On Wednesday, September 28, we welcomed Isaiah into the world!

Tuesday night at about 11PM, I started having contractions. They started getting stronger and closer together, so we headed into Munson at about 2:30AM. I was only at 3cm, but they decided to keep me since my contractions were regular. I was of course up all night. At about 11AM, I was exhausted and the contractions were getting really intense, so I got the epidural. I was at 6cm about this time, so I was progressing pretty slow. I thought the more kids you had, the faster labor was! Not this time. The epidural hurt... but it was so worth it. I was able to get a few 20 minute naps in. The nurses were getting me up every few hours to go to the bathroom (I did not want a catheter!). My water finally broke (going to the bathroom) at around 4 or 5. A little before 6PM, they got me up to go and, um.... I felt his head pushing out when I sat down! I jumped up and told the nurses, and Dr, Danz was walking in the room. They got everything ready and in less than 10 minutes, he was here! I pushed just a few times through 2 contractions. I couldn't believe how fast that part went. He was born at exactly 6:00PM.

The doctor said, "wow this is a big baby!" as he was being born, Once we got him on the scale, we were all shocked... 10 pounds 5 ounces!! (10lb 4.7oz to be exact). He came out perfect. Not even a scratch. We decided to name him Isaiah Daniel. It was a name that we both had agreed on, after going through so many lists and books :)

I was so overjoyed when I heard his first cry as they placed him on my chest. I remember when Noah was born and he wasn't crying... so hearing Isaiah was overwhelming. He was so healthy and perfect. God is so good and faithful.

Isaiah has been a great baby! He has been pretty gassy and it's rough when he's fussy at nighttime. But most nights, he lets me get decent sleep. Ben has been very helpful at night... until he left go go hunting out west :) We have an appointment next week down at Devos to get his possible hernia checked out. It's a minor surgery to repair it if needed. He also got a bit of my hyperthyroid right after he was born, so we had to have his blood drawn a few times, but he's back to normal now!

I'm so thankful for the incredible blessing of Isaiah. I'm really trying to soak in these precious newborn moments! Even though I'm fairly sleep-deprived, I know these days go by so, so fast.

You are so loved, Isaiah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment